Type:Full Time Permanent
The desired candidate will be responsible for the artworking of tech21 product packaging, ensuring approval process is followed and all copy checks have been implemented.
The focus will be the adaptation and artworking of existing packaging for new products but from time to time you will be asked to support the Senior Packaging Designer in creating conceptual designs for new projects.
You will also be asked to support the Senior Packaging designer in ensuring that packaging designs and constructs meet all legal and environmental obligations and are fit for purpose in terms of manufacturing process, cost and timeline.
You should enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and have the necessary skills to work closely with senior stakeholders.
(include but are not limited to):
- Artworking of packaging as required
- Filing relevant artwork internally according to internal filing policy.
- Check supplied renders for colour accuracy before sending any artwork
- Deliver final artwork to agreed deadlines and specifications.
- Adaptation of packaging designs to support new product launches
- Effectively communicate and forward artwork files as required to third parties (i.e. Chinese Factory).
- Execute artwork that conforms to the style and content specifications provided.
- Keep up to date with industry developments/standards to continue to develop personal knowledge and skillset
- Strong computer skills: knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat and Excel in a Mac based environment.
- Excellent typographical and layout skills with strong attention to detail.
- High proof reading/spell checking skills to produce accurate, quality work.
- Candidate must be resourceful and have a strong ability to collaborate and work within a team environment; whilst also being self-motivated and able to work on own with multiple projects at the same time
- Knowledge of Die-lines and Structural engineering is a plus.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of visual communication, design and current design trends.
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts, commercial or communication arts preferred; demonstrated experience and portfolio of pieces showing design expertise.
- Experience within the packaging industry and with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is desirable.
You may be required to carry out or assist with other tasks, from time to time, for which you have been trained and which may or may not be related to the areas above.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED